Chaudhry’s Tandoori – Fire & Smoke Damage

Location: Southend On Sea
Incident: Fire & Smoke Damage

Fire-Chaudhry’s-Tandoori.jpg

The Incident

This family Bangladeshi restaurant suffered a fire as a result of a water leak into the meter and mains cables. The resultant electrical sparks set a fire to the
surrounding materials. The restaurant suffered severe heat and smoke damage leaving it unsafe for use.

 

“Oakleafe came to my restaurant when I was in tears. I was so proud as we had just had it renovated and was preparing for Eid which is one of our busiest times of the year. The fire could not have come at a worse time. My entire family’s life savings are invested in the business and I was extremely distraught. Once Oakleafe explained how they could help me I signed with them and it was the best decision I have ever made”

How Oakleafe handled:

  • Contacted insurers and met with their adjuster
  • Handled all meetings and communications
  • Liaised with Landlords insurers
  • Engaged specialist decontamination contractors to clean the property
  • Appointed Chartered surveyors to prepare a reinstatement scope
  •  Oversaw repairs to the property
  • Replaced all equipment and machinery
  • Calculated Business Interruption (BI) & ICOW for insurers to reimburse loss of income
  • Prepared and presented a thorough claim file

The Result

“Thanks to the abilities of Oakleafe my restaurant was back to brand new in a few months. I received back all the money I had lost in takings and the out of pocket expenses I suffered after the fire happened. All my stock was replaced but he best bit is I now have the very latest kitchen equipment available that makes us produce much more food and quicker – we are even more profitable than before. I wouldn’t have known where to start.”

Summary
Review Date
Reviewed Item
Insurance Claim - Commercial Fire Damage
Author Rating
5